Teel offers analytical services through its ISO/IEC 17025:2017-accredited and independent testing laboratory. Teel Analytical Laboratories focuses on polymer testing services with expert skills and a personal touch.
Teel’s Analytical Lab is staffed by degreed chemists that can guide you through the process of deciding on a testing program, developing test protocols, and interpreting results. Direct consultation with one of our experts is available easily when needed.
Teel’s other customers can take advantage of Teel Analytical Laboratories during product development and troubleshooting. Having a lab on site allows for Teel to get results faster than when using outside facilities and can drive better decisions on both development and troubleshooting processes.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Determines the thermal characteristics of your polymer such as the melting point and percent crystallinity
- Oxidation resistance analysis
- Kinetic modeling available
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Compositional analysis for volatiles, base polymer, carbon loading, in organics
- Simultaneous DSC analysis available
- Kinetic modeling available
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- Material identification
- Software capabilities for multiple component matches
- Melt Flow Rate (MFR)
- Determines the flow rate of a polymer under different temperatures and load
- Microscopic imaging available up to 200X
- Measurements (X, Y and Z planes) down to 0.005 mm or 0.0002 inches
- Determines the moisture in a material by relative humidity
- Loss on Drying
- Determines the weight loss associated with volatiles and moisture by exposure to elevated temperatures
- Determines the viscosity of liquids by a rotational viscometer
- Determines the density of solid material
- Bulk Density
- Determines the volume of space occupied by a material
- Durometer Hardness
- Determine the hardness of a material in Shore A and D scale
- Particle Size
- Sieve testing with a 10 to 270 mesh range (2.00mm to 53µm)
- Dart or tup drop test
- Tensile and compression testing available with up to 1500 lbs. of force
- Pipe Burst
- Resistance to short-time hydraulic pressure (quick burst)
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Technique to identify and quantify components within a mixture
- Custom Testing Protocols
- Combinations of test capabilities or other tests not listed can generate invaluable information for your specific needs
- Examples of this include the identification of contaminants, the presence of DEHP in PVC, material degradation, percent VOC’s, and many more
When a company decides to test their products, they are guaranteeing a better understanding during development and production. Not only is there understanding, but testing creates a large database of information. Access to this essential information will speed development and troubleshooting and save money.
Using an ISO/IEC 17025:2017-accredited laboratory provides assurances the tests are done correctly and the results are reliable. Teel Analytical Laboratories specializes in plastics testing and has the experience and capabilities to determine the testing you need and the expertise to explain what those results mean.
Not sure what testing you need? Reach out to one of our helpful staff and they can help walk you through the process.